The 16GB variant of this smartphone will be available for Rs. 56, 490. Yes, that is the market operating price for this one! While the MRP of HTC One Max is Rs. 61,490.
So the five reasons why you should not buy this phablet is price, price, price, price and price. At Rs. 56,490 this phablet offers nothing exceptional. HTC should perhaps take a leaf out of Sony's book and see how they have marketed their Sony Xperia Z Ultra.
The Indian market has forever been price sensitive. It is not that we don't buy premium/ flagship smartphones but that we seek value in them. If you are in the market right now and want to buy a decent smartphone and can go over Rs. 50,000, then the 16GB iPhone 5s is an ideal fit. Just like the HTC One Max, iPhone 5S too has a fingerprint scanner,
Otherwise, the 6.4-inch Sony Xperia Z1 Ultra, which was launched at Rs. 46, 990 is a good bet.
HTC has tried to sweeten the deal by offering 50GB of Google Drive space for two years to every buyer of HTC One Max. The Taiwanese company along with launching the phablet has also launched a bunch of accessories compatible with the HTC One Max such as the power case, Mini+ and Fetch.
So the HTC One max power case, offers complete protection to the phablet and it comes with a 1,150mAh in-built battery, which starts charging the phone the moment phablet is nested in it. So if you are not bumped by the price of HTC One Max and like this power case, then get ready to shell out further Rs 5,999 to take this home.
Kept your HTC One Max and getting a mini heart attack, as it means you will have set back by over Rs. 50,000. Maybe not if you have Fetch, which is a Bluetooth enabled accessory that helps you locate your device. All you need to do is click on the HTC Fetch and it will activate the phone's ringtone. But its drawback is that it can work only up to the distance of 15 meters The price of Fetch is Rs 2,399.
Coming to the HTC Mini+, which costs Rs. 7,799. It is also Bluetooth-enabled accessory that works with not just the HTC One max, but also the HTC One, HTC One mini, HTC Butterfly, HTC Butterfly S, HTC Desire 200, HTC Desire 300, HTC Desire 500 and the HTC Desire 601. It comes with a a 1.5-inch OLED display and can be used to receive phone calls, view texts or emails.
Key specifications of HTC One Max
- Display: 5.9-inch Full HD 1080p
- 1.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor
- Android 4.3 with HTC Sense 5.5, HTC BlinkFeed
- Storage: 16GB storage, microSD expandability (up to 64GB supported, card not included)
- RAM: 2GB
- Sensors: Gyro sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Fingerprint scanner
- Connectivity: 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi a/ac/b/g/n, DLNA, micro-USB 2.0
- HTC BoomSound Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, Sense Voice
- UltraPixel Camera with BSI sensor, Pixel size 2.0 m, Sensor size 1/3?, f/2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens
- 2.1 MP front camera with 88° wide angle lens with HDR capability
- 3300mAh battery
- Size: 164.5 x 82.5 x 10.29mm, 217g